Leather So Soft Original Badeölit has so many uses.
Since the introduction of the original Skin So Soft bath oil, Avon has expanded the Skin So Soft line. Today it includes body oils, lotions, deodorants, insect repellants, and more.
Although originally a bath oil, many people have found it useful for other applications, including use as a household cleaner.
Avon makes no official claim about these additional uses and is not responsible for any adverse consequences of such use.
But over time, customers have found many other ways to use their bath oil at home.
I highly recommend doing some personal testing to find out what works best for you and your home.
- It is a bath oil and an after shower moisturizer.
- It can be used to remove make-up.
- Great tanning oil (remember it does NOT contain sunscreen).
- Hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
- Great massage oil for tired muscles.
- Cleans the tape marks left on the skin by bandages.
- Cleans the ink from the skin.
- Insect repellent.
- Helps with itchiness caused by dry skin.
- Applying SSS to insect bites will relieve itching.
- Cleans oil and grease from the skin.
- paint something? Use SSS to remove paint from hands. (instead of turpentine).
- Soothes minor sunburns.
- Rub it on your hands before washing them, it helps to make them cleaner.
- Rub onto dry, cracked skin...helps skin heal in 2-3 days.
- Add 1-2 capsules to liquid soap and use to shave legs and underarms. Helps razor glide and leaves skin feeling smooth.
- Pour some into your foot bath to keep your feet hydrated while you relax them.
- Removes gum from hair, skin and most non-porous surfaces.
- Cleans permanent ink from stamps.
- SSS Original Bath Oil is GREAT for lice! Soak the head and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse under an outside faucet. Of course, I washed my hair several times to get the oil out, but the lice were gone!
- Kills ants instantly.
- Spray onto skin to soothe dry, itchy skin. Helps the skin to retain its elasticity.
- As always, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner and after it dries… Use a dime sized SSS and rub it into your hair. It absorbs immediately leaving hair as shiny as the TV commercials, not greasy at all, just soft and shiny.
- It can help eliminate psoriasis.
- Reduces burning sensation by removing bandages from children's delicate skin.
- Removes gum from hair better than peanut butter.
- Sponge or spray around doors, windows and screens to keep crawling insects at bay.
- It is a good wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
- Removes adhesive and glue residue from price tags and labels on glass, metal and most plastics.
- Removes soap residue from doors and shower curtains, as well as bathroom and kitchen figurines.
- Removes limescale and calcareous deposits from taps, tiles, shower doors and windows.
- It is a lubricating oil for making pipe connections that do not slip against each other.
- Removes ink from most vinyl and painted surfaces.
- Cleans heavy oil and grease from non-porous surfaces.
- Remove hair from clothing.
- Rub brass ornaments or figures to prevent them from darkening.
- Removes chalk from equipment and most painted surfaces.
- Wash cabinets by mixing it with your cleaning water to keep ants away from cabinets.
- Excellent for removing lipstick stains from furniture, clothing, etc.
- Use it to discourage hornets from building their nests. After using a spray to kill hornets, remove the nest and keep the area sprayed with SSS. They will not be rebuilt there.
- Use it to clean leather; it will also keep it soft and flexible.
- Use it on the screen (filter) of your air conditioner - the incoming air will smell fresher and the filter will be easier to clean.
- Scrub all window frames to keep ants away.
- Cleans brushes easily and leaves them smooth as new.
- Removes gum from carpets.
- Eliminates scratches from patent leather shoes.
- Use on sliding glass doors and window tracks.
- The "ring around the neck" is removed.
- Remove liquid nail (trim glue).
- Two crystal bowls or glasses stuck together? Spray some SSS on the sides and they'll come apart easily.
- Remove candle wax from furniture, rugs, and clothing.
- Hummingbird Feeders: To deter bees, try rubbing SSS on the surface of the feeder near the feeding holes.
- Works for worms in the trash can too! Pour SSS into the can and lid then rinse with soapy water and you should be free of canned bugs for the rest of the summer!
- It's a great furniture polish!
- Put it in one of the bottles that you connect to your garden hose and then spray the garden! Reduces ants, mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies.
- People spray it on their rose bushes to prevent deer from eating them, and in cemeteries, on flowers, they spray it for the same reason.
- Kill spiders.
- Cuts grease and cleans grime from cooker hoods.
- When washing, add a capful to the wash water...acts as a fabric softener and keeps bugs off clothes.
- Spray on orchids and other flowers to hydrate and keep insects at bay.
- Clean baseball caps. Just spray on and scrub with a toothbrush.
- Try this recipe: Mix 1 part SSS to 2 parts water and mist your tomato plants to keep those ugly old tomato worms away. Spray plants every 2-3 days. It works perfectly!!
- Add a little to your mop water to keep crawling insects away. (Not too much or the floor will be slippery.)
- Use it to clean windows.
- Removes chalk from most surfaces.
- Screens can be lightly sprayed with Avon SSS to repel unseen flies and tiny gnats that might otherwise slither across the screens.
- Another use for SSS is to kill those annoying catchy tunes. Spray it and they won't come back to life.
- If you ever make candles, melt clear wax and put SSS in it and let it sit. It works great outdoors in the summer.
- Spray in the air like a deodorant and let sit, get rid of those nasty pet commands.
- If a child wets the bed, spray bedding and sheets before washing to give them a fresh, clean smell.
- Prevents bromine and chlorine from corroding metal and keeps the top of the pool pump filter lubricated for easy opening.
- Use SSS in an outdoor oil burner to repel insects. I use the one with the small bowl on top and a tealight on the bottom. Just add a capful of SSS to the bowl and light the candle. Your patio will smell great; It works better than citronella candles and doesn't smell like citronella!
use of animals
- It is an excellent insect repellent for your pet. (As recommended in "Outdoor Living" and "Field and Stream")
- Mix 5 parts water and 1 part SSS and spray animals. Brushing makes their coat shiny and keeps insects at bay so animals stay put in the show ring.
- Mix it in your pet's bath water. It picks off the fleas...and sprays the mix of 5 parts water and 1 part SSS in the middle to keep them away.
- Rub your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will eliminate strong odors.
- Black Fly Spray for Dogs: Use as a spray or bath. 1 cup of SSS, 1/2 cup of liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
- For a dog's dry skin, mix 1 tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as a post-bath rinse. Or spray your pet's coat once a week.
- If your dog has tar or asphalt on its paw pads, rub SSS on it and then wipe it off.
- Flea bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse, rinse, rinse so that no soap scum remains. Follow with a final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea bath and 1 capful full of SSS. SSS helps replace oils lost during bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
- Flea repellent: Avon SSS Bath Oil. 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge bath (or spray) has been tested and found to have a significant, but not complete, flea repellent effect over a 6 day period. It should also help those dry coats.
- It works very well on animals with dry skin.
- Use the following on horses and dogs as needed. 1 cup Avon SSS Bath Oil 1 cup white vinegar 1 cup (or more) water 5ml citronella essential oil (from the health food store, NOT the kind you burn to keep bugs out at the drugstore) Mix in a spray bottle. Pure SSS also works well on mosquitoes, but it will make your dog very greasy.
- (Stables) Use as an inexpensive fly control spray or a diluted mixture of Avon SSS in water can be sprayed on barn walls and floors to prevent insects from hanging around or to kill them before placing the new beds. If weather permits and if you can keep your goats out of the barn for a few hours, allow the barn to settle and air out before refilling with sand.
- Rub your hands before and after working with pets and farm animals, removes pet odor.
- A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin So Soft into the fur. Fleas don't like that either! Spread the word!
- Cats: SSS IS SAFE ON SKIN. Don't abuse the SSS. Use the lotion and rub it into the skin no more than every few days. Common sense is the rule. You can check with your vet if it's ok...
use for horses
- SSS can be used as a hoof polish. This gives the helmet a nice shine without drying it out.
- SSS can be used as a muzzle, eye and ear enhancer. SSS works great and still helps keep bugs out.
- Horses that have allergies and also have dry skin very easily can bathe in SSS. Bathe her as usual, then put a capful of SSS in a 5-gallon bucket of warm water and swim over it. Their fur dries silky smooth and stops itching.
- Removes tar stains from the car without damaging the paint.
- Use it to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and hoods. It not only cleans, but also keeps it smooth and helps prevent cracking.
- Use as a tire conditioner after washing your car to keep it looking like new.
- Put some on a small cloth and leave it in the car to keep the air fresh and clean.
- Clean the vinyl surfaces of your car. Cleans well and removes smoke odors left behind by cigarette smokers.
- Gently removes tough grease and oil from skin and non-porous surfaces (great for mechanics' hands).
- Removes sap from trees.
- Before the trip... rub SSS on the headlights and grill. Facilitates the elimination of insects and vermin.
- Polish vehicle tires
- Spray it on the outside of the tent, especially near the door and window, it will keep mosquitoes away.
Note: SSS Bath Oil is FDA/CDA approved as a bath oil only. Avon does not endorse the use of anything other than bath oil.
Did you find this post useful, inspiring?
save to computerIT IS PINEfor youAvonBulletin board on Pinterest 🙂
Are you ready to start working as an Avon representative?
SoloClick here, fill out a short application, choose your startup option, and you're done!
- 6 ways to winterize your skincare routine
- Skin Care Concerns: Sensitive Skin
- Skin Care Concerns: Dehydration
- The Ultimate Beauty Story: 135 Facts About Avon
- Skin Care Concerns: Various Signs of Aging Skin
- Skin Care Concerns: Sagging Skin
- Skin Care Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles
I teach people how to live their dreams! Imagine the possibilities... Let's explore them together. ❤️ If you like this article, feel free to share it with others. ❤️Have an AMAZING day! ?
Our luxurious bath oil is designed to act like skin's natural oils to keep skin hydrated before and after a bath or shower. This customer fave was Avon's #1 product for decades and continues to be a best seller today.What is Avon Skin-So-Soft bath oil used for? ›
Our luxurious bath oil is designed to act like skin's natural oils to keep skin hydrated before and after a bath or shower. This customer fave was Avon's #1 product for decades and continues to be a best seller today.What are the other uses of bath oil? ›
Other Bath Oil Uses
Try using your bath oil to soften cuticles for an at-home manicure, to revive and smooth dry or frizzy hair, as a decadent massage oil, and to help prevent razor burn.
Helps relieve itching caused by dry skin. Reduces bite itching, dab on bug bites. When working on painting projects, use SSS to remove paint from the hands. Rub on dry, cracked skin (heels and elbows), helps heal skin in 2-3 days.Can you use Skin So Soft Bath Oil as lube? ›
33. Skin So Soft Bath Oil is an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won't slip together. 34. Skin So Soft Bath Oil cleans ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.Can you use Skin So Soft Bath Oil as bug repellent? ›
"While we know that many consumers have turned to Skin So Soft Bath Oil, the product is actually not intended to repel mosquitoes or sold for that purpose, and is not approved by the EPA as a repellent," Avon told Consumer Reports.Does Skin So Soft Bath Oil repel fleas? ›
Ever since it hit the market in the early 1960s, Avon's Skin So Soft bath oil has maintained a reputation for repelling ticks, fleas and other insects without the use of harsh chemicals.Can I use bath oil on my face? ›
Shower oil is great for all skin types, including oily or acne-prone skin because they do not leave behind a film of product residue on the surface of your skin, instead it absorbs into the pores and moisturizes from within.Can you use bath oil as body wash? ›
Many people are not aware of the differences between shower oil and body wash. The main difference is that shower oil can be used as a body wash, while body wash cannot be used as a shower oil.What oils should not be used in a bath? ›
"Even if you use a carrier oil, be extra cautious with oils known to irritate the skin and mucous-membranes," warns Teachey, who says to avoid cinnamon, clove, oregano, savory, spearmint, thyme (except linalool type), and wintergreen in the bath. Better skin-loving bets: Lavender, chamomile, and rose.
The Bottom Line: Best Ways to Avoid Bug Bites
And believe Avon when it says the Skin So Soft Bath Oil is not meant to repel mosquitoes. It might work for “skin moisturizing” and “dryness reducing” as the company advertises, but it's not a good bet when it comes to avoiding bug bites.
Hi Olivia, our products don't have an expiry date they have a period after opening symbol (PAO). Your Skin So Soft Dry Oil Body spray looks like it has solidified due to the colder temperatures so we'd recommend placing in a bowl of warm water.Does Avon Skin-So-Soft keep mosquitoes away? ›
While Avon Skin-So-Soft is definitely not as effective as DEET-based repellents, and I wouldn't use it at all when we were travelling to Africa and Malaria was an issue, but in my experience it definitely does a decent job of repelling mosquitoes.Can skin so soft be used on hair? ›
Sometimes, using bath oil, like Avon's Skin So Soft, will work to loosen the glue which holds the nits to the hair. There is a product called Neon Nits, which when sprayed on the hair, will highlight the nits so you can see them to then snip them out with a small scissors.Can you use bath oil as a moisturizer? ›
Bath oils help to moisturize and hydrate the skin and create calming and soothing aromas. Some other benefits of bath oils are: -When is the oil is mixed with water, it penetrates deeper into the skin and provides rejuvenation.Can I put Skin So Soft oil in a spray bottle? ›
Mix in a spray bottle and spritz your dog. This will keep the annoying pests at bay and cuts back on the greasiness. CATS: Try rubbing Skin So Soft Original bath oil or lotion into your cat's skin for a natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies.Does Skin So Soft repel spiders? ›
“Skin So Soft Bath Oil is not an insect repellent. It is a moisturizing bath and body oil product.” “Skin So Soft Bath Oil is a moisturizing bath oil, not an insect repellent. Therefore, it is not registered as such with the EPA, and we may not make insect repellent claims about it.What oils do fleas hate the most? ›
Citronella, eucalyptus, peppermint, tea tree, and rosemary will all naturally repel fleas. If your dog doesn't mind a spray bottle, dilute a few drops of your chosen essential oil into a 300ml-400ml of water and spray directly onto your dog's coat.Does skin so soft oil repel ticks? ›
Avon's full collection of Skin So Soft Bug Guard insect repellent and DEET-free bug sprays and lotions are designed to offer protection against Lyme disease-carrying deer ticks, mosquitoes, gnats, no-seeums, sand flies and biting midges.What can you rub on your skin to keep fleas from biting you? ›
- Use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered insect repellents containing DEET, picaridin, IR3535, Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus (OLE), para-menthane-diol (PMD), or 2-undecanone. ...
- Covering skin with long-sleeve clothing and pants will minimize exposure to bites.
After oil bath, one should rest for the day and avoid the following: strong sun, cold water, yoga or heavy work of any kind. For men, tradition prescribes that oil bath be taken on Monday, Wednesday or Saturday.Is it good to put bath oil in your hair? ›
What are the benefits of oil bathing? By intensely nourishing the scalp, the oil promotes the growth of healthy and strong hair and therefore a better volume. On the lengths and tips, it brings shine and softness by smoothing the scales on the surface.Do you put bath oil before or after? ›
Here's a handy little trick for applying the oil: we always recommend applying the oil to skin that is still damp or wet. In other words, right after you get out of the shower after blotting off any excess water with a towel, or even while you are still in the shower.Can I put bath and body oil in my hair? ›
For our hair, body oil is an excellent multi-purpose product and can add extra hydration! You could apply a few drops into your conditioner and apply it as an intense hair mask before washing away. You could even apply on wet hair to seal in moisture or brush down fly-aways for a sleek look.Can you shower with oil instead of soap? ›
Though it may seem counterintuitive to slather your skin in oil to get clean, it's a much healthier alternative than soaps. Oil-based cleansers trap dirt and dead skin cells, allowing them to be rinsed without disrupting the oil barrier already in place. One trick to remember is to oil up before entering in the shower.How do you use bath oil without a bathtub? ›
In the shower
You don't need a bathtub to use essential oils for aromatherapy. To use essential oils in the shower, add three to five drops of essential oil to the wall or outer edge of your shower. The hot water will diffuse the scent.
Bath bomb and body scrub additives like essential oils, cocoa butter, cornstarch, flower petals, and glitter, can build up in your pipes and cause nasty clogs. Oils solidify as they cool, while cornstarch hardens in the curves or elbows of pipes as it dries.Why use an oil bath over a water bath? ›
Oil baths are much like water baths, but use silicone or mineral oils in order to enable temperatures hotter than the boiling point of water (> 100oC). Silicone oil baths can be heated to 250oC, while mineral oil baths can be heated to 300oC.How do you safely use bath oils? ›
Always first dilute recommended essential oils in approved carrier oils (coconut, olive, and jojoba). For essential oil and bath salt combinations, always dilute the essential oil in a carrier oil before mixing with bath salts. Add blend to water and swirl before entering the bath.How to use avon skin so soft bath oil as a mosquito repellent? ›
All you need to do is spray your exposed areas. The spray should last long enough to ward off any potential mosquitoes. If you're using a non-spray Avon product, you can rub the product over the exposed areas.
Helping to smooth and soften stretch marks, the vitamin E, argan oil, sunflower oil and soothing chamomile formula visibly improves the look of scars and stretch marks. Oh, and it's perfect for keeping skin hydrated and feeling touchably soft. Product specification: Reduces the appearance of uneven skin.Is Avon Skin So Soft a baby oil? ›
While Skin So Soft is an iconic brand and loved by many, it is not formulated to be used on infants or pets. What is bath oil spray? Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil, our most iconic brand and top-selling bath oil, also has a convenient bath oil spray.Does Avon Skin So Soft keep bugs away? ›
“While we know that many consumers have turned to Skin So Soft Bath Oil, the product is actually not intended to repel mosquitoes or sold for that purpose, and is not approved by the [Environmental Protection Agency] as a repellent,” Avon told Consumer Reports in 2016.Why do bugs hate Avon skin so soft? ›
The reason Avon Skin So Soft could work as a mosquito repellent is possibly due to one of its ingredients, icaridin. Icaridin works similar to DEET, but most reviews say it doesn't last as long. The other reason some suggest it works is due to the use of citronella in the ingredients which again repels mosquitos.Why does skin so soft repel bugs? ›
The product's active ingredient, picaridin, is a synthetic repellent modeled after a compound that occurs naturally in the black pepper plant. In Skin So Soft's product, the concentration is 10 percent. In our recommended products containing picaridin, the concentration is 20 percent.Can you put Avon skin so soft on your face? ›
Avon's specially formulated hair removal (depilatory) cream for facial hair is for use on upper lip, chin, jaw and cheek hair but should not be used on the eyebrows or eye area. It is quick-acting, taking just 2 1/2 - 8 minutes to work.Does Skin So Soft expire? ›
When stored properly, most Avon products have a typical shelf life of approximately 3 years. Avon products undergo extensive testing to ensure freshness during storage, shipment and use by the consumer.Can I use Skin So Soft on my dog? ›
DOGS: Flea Bath: You can use Skin So Soft as a flea shampoo or an after-bath rinse. An added benefit of using Skin So Soft on your dog besides flea repellent is that it replaces the oils lost from bathing that their skin needs to maintain comfortable skin.Does Avon tissue oil remove dark spots? ›
Does Tissue Oil Remove Dark Spots? YES . . . tissue oil does reduce dark spots on the skin, and depending on which tissue oil you are using, the results will vary.Can I apply Avon tissue oil on my face? ›
It can be applied anywhere on the body, and is also useful as a shaving oil to help your razor glide more smoothly and to avoid nicks and cuts. Use it as a bath oil If you love the feeling that bath products leave on your skin, apply a few drops of tissue oil to your bath water.
- Rosehip oil. Be it dull skin, discolouration of lips or acne scars, rosehip oil can be very helpful. ...
- Frankincense oil. ...
- Sandalwood oil. ...
- Geranium oil.
But it turns out that there is one moisturiser that the servicemen swear by - because it doubles up as an insect repellent. Avon's £2.25 Skin So Soft Dry Oil Spray is not only used to hydrate the skin, but also apparently manages to effectively keep the mosquitoes away.What are the side effects of skin so soft? ›
The only reported side effects were mild skin irritation reported and eye irritation following accidental ocular exposure.